George C. Brandt, Inc. was founded in St. Paul, Minnesota by Lyman A. Moore in 1894 and was originally named L.A. Moore and Co. The company was engaged in the business of brokering pigments and oils used in the paint products of that time. George C. Brandt, Sr. joined Mr. Moore (his father in-law) as a warehouse man and eventually took over the business upon the premature death of Lyman Moore in 1923.
George Sr. incorporated the Company in the state of Minnesota in 1924 under its present day name.
Over the next few decades George Sr. and his sons expanded into the Chicago, Kansas City and Denver areas. Also during that time many leading chemical and container manufacturers assigned their sales and distribution rights to the Brandt Co.
In the early 1970’s the next generation of Brandt’s became involved in the business and by the middle 1980’s had been given control of the business by their fathers and uncles. Through acquisitions the Company expanded into St. Louis, Missouri and Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Presently, George C. Brandt, Inc. is managed by J. Chris Brandt and George A.C. Brandt, II.
The company operates sales offices in St. Paul, Minnesota; Kansas City, Missouri; Denver, Colorado; St. Louis, Missouri and Albuquerque, New Mexico. Warehouse stocks are maintained at each of these locations.
American Coatings Association
American Composites Manufacturer’s Association